Art Pottery, Politics and Food
Wednesday, February 16, 2005
 
At The Gates...


c. 2005 Universal Press Syndicate

I have hero-worshipped this brilliant cartoonist for more years than I care to remember.
I'm proud that I, once met him and prouder still that I managed to get my grabby mits on an original drawing 25 long years ago.
Oliphant's glorious profession, some have argued, is doomed but I think this funny and on point political cartoon proves otherwise.
Punk the Penguin, I know, would agree that Pat drew Nixon better than Nixon was Nixon and that GannonGate will prove another cartooning triumph for this master of ink and art board.
Follow the link and enjoy the work of a living treasure working amid the smoking wreckage of what was once the free American press.

Image: Washington Post
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger