Art Pottery, Politics and Food
Thursday, April 08, 2004
 
We're not going to see success on our watch.
--Rice before 911 Commission


BEN-VENISTE: Did you tell the president, at any time prior to August 6th, of the existence of al Qaeda cells in the United States?

RICE: I really don't remember, Commissioner, whether I discussed this with the president.

BEN-VENISTE: Isn't it a fact, Dr. Rice, that the August 6th PDB warned against possible attacks in this country? And I ask you whether you recall the title of that PDB?

RICE: I believe the title was, "Bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States."

BEN-VENISTE: Now, was the president, in words or substance, alarmed or in any way motivated to take any action.

RICE: I'm told he was told this is historical information and there was nothing actionable in this.

Transcript from the Washington Post

Photo: C-SPAN

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger